Warranty Registration Form
Important information for Stessl Boat owners and Prospective owners
Warranty Periods and Conditions
Stessl boats are warranted for thirty six (36) calendar months (3 years) after the boat has been sold by our dealer for the first time. Purchasing of a Boat & Dunbier Trailer Package offers an extended one (1) year warranty, if ordered on a fitted & supplied Dunbier Trailer from Horizon Aluminium Boats Pty Ltd and not dealer fitted boat & trailer packages, meaning the boat hull only (Structure only) and trailer are covered for a total of three years (36 calendar months). For warranty conditions on the Dunbier Trailer, refer to their applicable owners’ manual supplied with the trailer. Our liability for Stessl boats manufactured by Horizon Aluminium Boats Pty Ltd is limited to making good any defects by repairing the same or at our option by replacement, in a period not exceeding the warranty period. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Provided that:
Special Provisions Require that:
- The boat is purchased for personal, domestic, or household use, not for re-supply;
- The boat must be maintained and used in accordance with the Boat Capacity Plate and necessary Maintenance Directions in the Owner’s Manual;
- The Boat has not been damaged by misuse, accident, neglect or used for competitive purposes;
- The Boat and/or outboard must not have been modified, altered, or operated outside safe boating practices or the limits of the design specifications;
- Paint and decals are for decorative effect only and are warranted for a maximum period of 12 months from date of delivery against defective paint or decal application, NOT against the normal effect of wear and tear, oxidisation, fuel or solvents damage or dissimilar metals; Oxidisation has the potential to bubble the paint or decal finish; Surface contaminants can cause oxidisation if not removed from the vessel;
- The timber and carpet floors warranty is limited to installation for a period of 12 months and does not cover the effects of weathering or wear and tear including mould and fungus;
- Windscreen/windshield breakage and leakage around windscreens/windshields or other designed openings are not covered under warranty;
- All accessories and other items fitted to a Horizon and/or Stessl Boat are subject to their own warranty from the manufacturer of the product;
- Horizon Manufacturing will NOT warrant boats which have been improperly trailed – e.g. wobble/multi roller trailers and off road use; incorrect or insufficient tie down from vessel to trailer; no engine support through an engine support bracket; incorrect adjustment and/or insufficient support for the boat;
- Fitting of wedges and anti-ventilation plate foils could void the warranty;
- Work agreed to be repaired by Horizon Manufacturing will be done at our factory. The warranty does not cover items replaced during normal service and maintenance operations which are subject to wear and tear; These arrangements apply regardless of any change in ownership during the period covered;
- Horizon Manufacturing is only bound by any warranty expressly given by it in writing or which cannot be excluded under any relevant law, including the ACL (and which are hereby excluded). The total and maximum amount of its liability for loss or damage under any claim or claims is limited to the price paid by the Customer for the relevant Product.
As possible commercial applications and the conditions of usage vary so much, and as success depends on the capability of the user, HORIZON ALUMINIUM BOATS PTY LTD. cannot warrant boats used commercially (except at our total discretion) or warrant that HORIZON ALUMINIUM BOATS are suitable for any particular commercial application. In this regard the purchaser must satisfy themself.
- As possible commercial applications and the conditions of usage vary so much and as success depends on the capability of the user, Horizon Manufacturing do not warrant boats used commercially (except at our total discretion and subject to our commercial warranty) or warrant that Horizon Manufacturing are suitable for any particular commercial application. In this regard the purchaser must satisfy itself.
- Customers must refer to our full warranty terms on our current website at:
- The contents of our brochure, website or other promotional materials, other than Warranty and Warranty Special Provisions, are not binding and will not form part of any contractual agreement. Horizon Manufacturing recommends all Customers comply with their local boating regulations and are familiar with safe boating practices.
- Due to Horizon Manufacturing’s commitment to continually improve our products, we reserve the right to modify and/or change without notice, any design, materials, specifications, equipment and/or accessories. Because of variations which occur in manufactured products, all capacities, measurements, dimensions and weights quoted should be taken as approximate only and are subject to change. All paint colours and trim depicted are as close as the reproduction process allows and Horizon Manufacturing reserves the right to discontinue or change paint colours and/or trim without notice.
Boat Care Instructions
- Hose your boat off inside and out with fresh water after each use.
- Ensure that the bungs are removed & the boat is stored in a bow up tilted position to allow moisture in the hull to drain.
- Ensure that the interior of the boat is dry & left clean before storage.
- When the boat is not in use, the batteries should be disconnected or turned off at the isolator switch to avoid the possibility of electrolysis caused by any uncontrolled electrical currents.
- Do not stow wet lines in the boat as mould & mildew may result
- Use fresh water only to wash windscreen and clears.
- Inspect under floor flotation & fuel tank hoses & clamps annually. Tighten clamps as necessary. Inspect for lead sinkers and remove.
- Before using your boat, check bilge pump, navigation lights and electrics to ensure in working order.
- Where dissimilar metals contact apply Tef-Gel, Duralac or similar product on a regular routine basis for prevention of electrolysis under paintwork.
Please complete the form below to register your warranty with Stessl Boats.